Sunday, October 09, 2005

Where does my heart lie?

Does going to somewhere else really give you that "needed rest" that people have been telling you about? If anyone should answer that question, it shouldn't be me. But I will attempt to answer that question since I am back at home, far from the fuzz and buzz of the city, well, sort of. There's always this lazy, draggy, nostalgic feeling back here in Ipoh. It's like suddenly your life just went from normal speed to low speed- to a near stand still. Maybe it's something to do with the rest of the people back here. Or maybe it's just me. Ipoh is Ipoh; it will never be Ipoh city, or Ipoh Metropolis, or Ipoh Megacity... yet all these kind of put that "pressure" on me to think over life- or some would call it "Reflect".

And if you ask me what's the results of my reflection, it's whole bunch of rubbish jumbled up with some useful lesson (I think). First of all, most of my buddies are gone- all over the country and the world-no more football in early mornings, not even 2-on-2s. Next, cherish people. People come and go, so how would we know if we were supposed to make an impact in their life for the better-but ommitted to do so? Thirdly, despite my age, I still love playing computer games, but I guess age is just a number, right? Last but also the most importantly, homecoming is far from taking a rest. Occasionally, some things or others would just pop up in your mind. You see, even if you're far from the "scene" physically, your mind and heart might be still there. One thing I say to myself: release, friend...

If I only get a chance, I would really want to show how much I appreciate everyone who had been in my life, whether they played a big or small role. But sometimes I don't have the guts, other time, I'm just being the old unappreciative self. But I do love you guys and cherish you guys and thank you guys for the time that no money can buy.... IGNORE THIS PART IF YOU THINK I'M DRUNK AND/OR EMOTIONAL.

I want to show you my all --- Nicholas Hor Sien Pin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.