Thursday, September 14, 2006

Motivation from Above

I remember my new year's resolution last year and I still keep it. It seems inappropriate to state everything I put down but one of the more "matured" goal was to bring 2 lives to Christ. And I did. I also have a joke for myself (arguably, it's not) that if I put down 200 or 2000, I was going to do it too. So it goes that resolution, goals, objective does account to something. It's not that it's a prophecy thing or what but I think it's got to do with the mind being subconciously aware and "motivated".

Which brings me to MOTIVATION. It's cold here in Hobart and it's foreign. I admit at times, especially recently, the 'fog' of being in a new environment, a new lifestyle, new friends could bring many to a sudden but (I insist) temporal state of lostness and indecisiveness. Sometimes I wonder what I will be in 10 years time or even in a year's time. Will the path I took be a downfall for me. Albeit the fact that I have been through some past stages of my life having this thought and has always been resolved (thank God), I again come to this point where I ponder upon the same. Socrates (or was it Aristotle) once said- "A life without purpose is not worth living"; I thus ask myself- what is the purpose where I am, what I'm doing and how I'm doing it. The answer must be MOTIVATION... I admit my weaknesses and my apparent lack of faith but I'm not going to pretend this is easy and this is nothing. It is something- the fact that "everything's gonna be alright" doesnt mean that I have no right to feel the way i feel- the way I think.

On mentioning rights, I should mention that anyone who criticize me and talks behind my back on what I do or have reservations in this respect have their rights to do so, too. But though most of us willnot change deep in us, I am changing to think less of what people think of me. In the past I might have been- and to a certain extend still, but I'm not here to please everyone. Your criticism I willingly and happily accept- if you let me know- and I will change to "A Better Man".

Just a thought.

Shalom
p/s: God was awake on the 11th of September 2001.

2 comments:

Ken said...

Great to read your blog once again.
It was stagnant for quite some time.

Take care and keep at it.

Our Lord Jesus bless you and keep you.

Ou Lik Ee said...

Good to know that you managed to live up your New Year resolution.. Well keep it up.. A lot of ppl can't live up their New Year resolution and you can do it.. Know why? Cause you got God in you.. That's why.. So let Him mould you even more ya.. God bless.. Don't let anything destroy your resolution for God.. =)