Sunday, April 22, 2007

Energizer MEN

Talk about investment! 20-22nd April of 2007 is what I call a "fulfilling" weekend for me. With AUD$25, I managed to attend my church's Men's conference. As I have always said, I'm not a boy, but a man already. There was not a single doubt that the conference would speak to me as the bible says "Seek and you will find...". The conference was in line with my life's theme this year from Hebrews 12 and being a hero.

On the first night (Friday), the speaker Gary Rucci shared about MINDSETS. What do we have in our MINDSETS? What do I have in my MINDSET that is hindering the breakthrough that we so yearn for as men (and for women as well, too!).

The second day (the whole day) was totally SERIOUS stuff. Gary continued with the breaking of mindsets? What was the triggering events that formed our thought patterns. What is it that your father had passed on to you? Is your Father in Heaven same? (Obviously not, see my previous blog on UNCONDITIONAL LOVE). In the final night, the finale I would call it, he talked about leaving a legacy. The challenge was what are we leaving beyond the grave? What do you want to be remembered by in your funeral. PROFOUND!

In fact, I've known all these things previously. But as some say, head knowledge is not half as important as heart knowledge. INTENTIONS are not as important as ACTIONS. The sharing kept me thinking about ACTIONS. I know I have been doing some actions recently but I know I could do more. What are the excuses that I've been giving for my INACTIONS. WHat should I do that would leave a legacy? To impact this generation and THE NEXT?

...

The more I think about it, the more I must write it down because I hope my blog would be an encouragement to others, as Lik Ee (how are you?) has always encouraged me to. Above that, what am I doing about my passions?

I will continue this journey with faith AND action (James), and I know His grace is sufficient for me.

Acts 10: Cornelius.

P/s: Cool to have foosball table and pool in a conference! Amazing comeback!

1 comment:

HoNG said...

hey....now only i notice u have a blog!!!!!!hahaha....so sorry...everytime i see the title day of salvation in ck blog....i wonder who is tht....until today...only i know...:p...ok la....keep on update ya....happy always!