Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Remember, Remember the Lord your God

And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it,and gave it to them,saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."

For the past 3 weeks, I've been taking the Lord's supper week after another because I visited another church. This is always argued as an coincidence of course. But I strongly felt that there is some implications this time. It was a very busy 2 weeks, with datelines and sharing and moot, to a point that my life is wholly consumed by the events surrounding me. It may be a cliche to say that sometimes we may be doing stuffs religiously but the danger is that we do those for the sake of doing it, not for the sake of pursuing His Kingdom. So, it was good to take the communion 3 weeks in a row, so that I remember in who I am and in what I'm doing, it is in the Lord Jesus.

Not that we should completely ignore things that we have and events that happens in my life. I do have a strong conviction that God uses these to glorify His name. I'm sort of drawn to Moses' staff and Joshua's sword and Peter's net. What were in their hands, God used them to do wonders... That's so amazing about those common people and common tools and common jobs. The Red Sea would part. The Jordan would stop flowing. And the people will be fished into God's kingdom. So, today I take account of what I have, and wait in eagerness, that He would use these to capture a generation. May Jesus be glorified.

Then the Lord said to him, "What is that in your hand?"
"A staff," he replied.
...

"...But take this staff in your hand so you can perform miraculous signs with it"

Exodus 4:2 & 17

No comments: