Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Attachment

After 4 and a half months, my attachment in a law firm is finally coming to an end. It has been a fantastic experience and a rare opportunity to get hands-on knowledge and experience on legal work. I think the only thing I regret is not learning more and be more pro-active in assisting the lawyers and my employer that would have certainly expose me to a variety of other stuffs.
As for my reflections, I think my short spell here has certainly benefitted me in various disciplines including being more organized (still undoubtedly much to learn, though), slogging it out 9-6 everyday, legal skills and interpersonal skills- to name a few. Although the firm itself is not a big one, I must admit proudly that I probably learnt more as opposed to another "attachee" (as we are fondly known) in a big firm. I am exposed to a broad range of work - in fact, I would like to call myself a "lawyer" that doesn't go to court since my work does involve some expert/professional skills (not just preparing summons!). Of course I also lay my eyes on how Civil Procedure actually works in real life, after learning about it in CLP classes.

For one thing, my colleagues are definitely a great bunch of people that most would die for. I would say that office politics is minimum, if not non-existent and the LAs are very friendly and helpful. Not just that, my boss is nice and is willing to teach me much unlike some other chambees/attachees I know who virtually never get to meet their pupil-masters.

With all due respect, I wish Mr. Liow and all my colleagues farewell and extend my biggest appreciation for the most wonderful period of my life at the firm*. Love all of you.

* For confidential reasons, I have not named my firm but do contact me to know more. :)

22nd Birthday Celebration @ the office.

No comments: