Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Take the easy yoke and bear the light burden

Three days since I'm back in P.J. and life is 'back to square one'. 10 days of being a rather useless (and aimless) guy in Ipoh and I have to say I'm really having such a 'cultural shock' back here. Just the thought of the loads of work awaiting me is terrifying. And after just 2 days, I have to confessed I was overwhelmed. College, Christian Fellowship, prayer meetings, committee meetings, mooting competition... you name it. Well, it's rather obvious how much sleep I've been getting.

In times like this, the flesh and the mind are weakest. I guess the 'thorns of life' (see Jesus' parable on the sower) are catching up and at times of these, I really need to turn to Him MORE for MORE of Him, as the thorns might 'eat me up'.

Despite that, things have been tougher. Guess what? My superb confidence on my contract paper was crushed. An hour or two ago, i was still in self-denial. I DOn't deserve only a PASS for that effort I put in!!! And why is life so unfair anyway?

Answer: Thank God its Holy Week. It is in this time that I really get the much needed reminder of God's great LOVE. And I was really reminded that I (or we) in fact don't deserve anything in our life. We are, I would say, 'super wicked' people. Rebelling and sinning doesn't result in life, but death. We all should've been cursed! I don't deserve what I am and where I am at the moment. But God came, and the Emmanuel changed it all. God is Good. Albeit that, I shall really put in more effort, His name should be glorified.

I would say that God is really the wisest among the wisest. Who else could strike me like that? I really want to commit my life back to Him this Easter season. I'm taking up the cross and following Jesus. Despite the suffering I foresee, I know that:

Jesus said, " Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and
I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am
humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy,
and the burden I give you is light."

Matthew 11:28-30

No comments: