Sunday, July 17, 2005

Without Righteousness, No One Can See God

It is 3.45 in the morning. Time to sleep is of the essence; but the work and worship of the Lord should be of no delay. Since my exam is over, I have all the time in the world to do all that I enjoy and desire. But the flesh should not overtake the spirit and therefore I turn again to the Word of Life for spiritual bread.

It is an honour and a privilege to be a servant of the Most High God. Indeed becoming the leader of Christian Fellowship is a great challenge that I’m sure God will take me through. Yet, I still need to have personal growth with my Lord and Saviour, as what Brother Anthony had shared in CF meeting today. My outward acts of worship are of importance but the true test is of the heart- in which God looks at. I pray continuously that God will search my heart and convict me if there be any hypocrisy in me; yet I testify again to anyone reading this blog- I long to love the Lord my God with all my heart, soul and strength. Love you, Jesus.

Even as I flip through the scripture and was praying for God’s guidance in leadership, God continued to show me 1 Timothy 4:12 (credit to Daniel who first ‘revealed’ it to me)

‘Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.’


I am young, though I’m older than half of the people in CF, but I look young, and I am of a small stature. But God continues to show me how faithful and how greatly he had and would use me in His work, to Him be glory forever and ever. How great Thou Art. What God desire is not the beautifulness of the outward, but the walk of the righteous. I admit sometimes I do not walk righteous in so many ways- especially in the things mentioned in 1 Timothy 4:12, but my prayer to God today (as of 4 a.m.) is for God the Father to work in me with His Spirit, through Christ Jesus my Lord and saviour- to be pleasing to Him in speech, in life, in love, in faith, in purity and in holiness.

No comments: