Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Dreams

Dreams. Not their biggest fan but I do it anyway once in a while. Usually they are not my daytime thoughts, but rather- they are quite random. There was once I dreamnt meeting this friend of mine, whom I've not met or thought of for a long time. Another time I dreamnt of fighting with the devil himself (sounds scary but it's true). But dream do play a big part of most of our life- that's my point. Most of us do dream, but not in our sleep, we dream that we will be able to do something. Not just a normal something, but SOMETHING BIG... and I believe, rightly so we are created for these something big!

Yet, sadly, many, many people never get to achieve their dreams. These wonderful, beautiful dreams just slipped away... Sometimes it's because we just take them for granted- thinking that there's always tomorrow, other times there's just so many thing getting in our way that we eventually give up. I certainly refuse to be in category (1) or category (2). I'm always telling myself I'm here for something BIG man! Yet many times I fail to keep on with my dream, sometimes I lose focus of my God.

However, this will not be the end, I know. These few days have been a total banging of that amazing grace and power of my Lord in me- First, through the song "The Time has Come" really spoke to me (which you will know why when you see the lyrics below). Secondly, through an inspiring flash from Amy Krouse Rosenthal (you really must have a look at this!) on dreams.
Thirdly, through the scripture, I observe the urgency and the importance and priority that God has caused His people to have in the rebuidling of the temple in the book of Ezra. All these and more keeps coming back, giving me enough evidence to believe that it is really NOW or NEVER to stand up for my God. NOW or NEVER to be passionate about my Jesus (Yes, mine, as many people has told me).

If Adidas can say "Impossible is nothing", then God people should say "We can do all things... through Him who strengthen us". AMEN.

Oh, and as promise, the link for the Amy Rosenthal flash: here and the Hillsong United song lyrics:
The Time Has Come
Found love beyond all reason
You gave Your life Your all for me
And called me Yours forever
Caught in the mercy fallout
I found hope found life
Found all I need
You're all I need

The time has come
To stand for all we believe in
So I for one am gonna
Give my praise to You

Today today it's all or nothing
All they way
The praise goes out to You
Yeah all the praise goes out to You
Today today I live for one thing
To give You praise
In everything I do
Yeah all the praise goes out to You

All we are is Yours
And all we're living for
Is all You are
Is all that You are Lord

No comments: