Sunday, November 19, 2006

Regarding Prayer and Bible Reading

I know, I know. Sorry for the slow updating. Even though I have not updated my blog for 42 days (exactly 6 weeks, that is), I should be forgiven- after all it was exam period, right?

No. It's just me being lazy and giving a zillion reasons to log on to blogger.com. It's been that season in my life where I have been extremely slack-ish and taking things for granted. But the good news is I'm up and about, and I'm blogging again, yay (I'm taking the cheesy approach of things).

So as usual, some updates on my spiritual life- actually nothing much, I have to admit, till about a week or so ago. To cut the long story short (and to save some embarassments) God has been lavishly pouring His grace to send people again and again to encourage me to take up the spiritual disciplines seriously. And rightly so, it's just not my "nature" that I'm disciplined reader, more so not a frequent-prayer (No "frequent-flyer" points, hah). But of course, these are just habits that everyone can possess if they are serious in their walk with Christ. Not that I'm not serious, but most of the time, the "flesh is weak".

Undoubtedly, God is faithful to send His faithful servants to come encourage me, nag me, woo me to pray hard, to study the BOOK hard. I remember several months back I also mentioned the alleged lack of motivation that I am suffering, and I do think God does try His best to remind me constantly- but I need to remind myself everyday, that He has a new thing in my life everyday, a new revelation everyday, a new blessing everyday, new mercies every morning.
As I heard from Ps Dave's sermon this morning, God's blessing is like a flowing river, continuously flowing, constantly transforming (you see, God does speak precisely to me).

For the day that is ahead of me, that is ahead of you- I don't know what it will bring, but indeed His love is abundantly available and He will not give up, He will not stand back, He will, as the Hillsong praise goes "Come to our rescue". Not to say that we should be taking for granted His grace and mercy, but God teaches like a patient father.

So it goes that in my struggle to discipline myself in "feasting" spiritually (reading the Word) and breathing spiritually (prayer), I ask that you would pray for me that, indeed, as Paul wrote, that God would give me the Spirit of wisdom and revelation- that I may know Him more. Thanks again for His servants Jono and Melissa, and George whom I just met but still proved so encouraging. All your concerns touches me...


(Alright back to prayer and reading!)

No comments: