Saturday, November 25, 2006

The ABCs of Life

I feel healthy!

Being at the end of the month, and poor isn't an awfully bad thing after all. For example, I get to cook more often and stay less at home, and more than that, to have more time by myself and do the things I like to do (I used to go out and give myself excuses).

And, so I cooked vege and ABC soup (which is a combination of chicken, tomato, potato and onion) and they taste great! (Just to make myself happy but you could test it the next time you meet me). But it's not just the food I take but my sleeping hours. Since the exams till few days ago, my waking hours were from 2 p.m. till 4 a.m. And this few days I have been adjusting it to 7.30 to about 12.

I guess as hard as I try to be less "holy" (as many people accused) above, it's time to share some of my insights, again. I guess what I've been trying to do was trying to put my life back in order, and also to reallign myself more to Jesus. As you might have already know, I've been encouraged by many to be more consistent in the spiritually disciplines (pause and read a few entries back if you don't). One of the things I did not mention was during Pastor Dave's sermon last week, he shared about the prophet Elijah, who arranged the altar in order before asking God to lightning-strike the ox into flames. In removing the "clogs" in our life, there is a need to identify the problem, put our lives into order, issue the solution and remove the roots etc. And this is what I am trying to do, in addition to praying more.

I have to admit my flesh is weak even though my spirit is willing and I do struggle a lot, especially when my alarm rang at 7 this morning. I actually struggled on the bed for half an hour! But I am happy still, not just because I didn't sleep back but rise at 7.30-something, but also because you would not accused me of being holy! I guess the message that I wanna get into my head and heart is that I am a hopeless sinner and I rely on His grace each day.

Wonder if I could remain consistent, hrmm.. one thing I know- His mercies are new every morning. Praise the Lord.

1 comment:

Ou Lik Ee said...

Hey.. thank God that you are willing to struggle with your life.. Good to know that.. Just keep on fighting for our Lord Jesus Christ.. Keep shining for Him.. =)