Monday, January 08, 2007

Breaking the chains and Rising Up in 2007

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007. It's been awhile, but my blog is "activated" once again. 2006 seems to have brought loads of good memories to the people around me-- and I have to admit it had been an amazing year for me as well. Though it's difficult for me to explain this part of the "journey", one thing for certain is the fact I'm here in Hobart is indeed a great miracle and and amazing blessing.

And as I turn from looking behind me to looking forward, the long and winy road stares back, but deep in my heart and right from my mouth I will proclaim 2007 and the years ahead would be many battles won, many fantastic experience, and of course much love to give and receive. In between this blog and my last blog, I was actually quite busy with work... work... work... yet it meant I did have lots of time to think, so I do have a lot to write if I will to do so (but I'd prefer to keep this short and sweet for you to enjoy the picture above).

Which brings me to Superman. Heck, I'm a great fan of superman but I'm not gonna talk about him- rather I'm gonna talk about the verse that would so guide me and spur me in 2007.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endure the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not gow weary and lost heart.

These verses in Romans 12 have always been of great inspiration to me. The words are just so apt to convict me of that RACE that I so often got weary and stopped (like the hare in the story), yet the author of Hebrews asks us to persevere our race of faith, this done through the continuous fixing of eyes on our Lord and Saviour.

I will be elaborating more on these verses throughout the year, really- both using my understanding and experience, through the Spirit's guidance. But one last time, in which my OCF brother Yoong Sing had aptly suggested- start each big plan with small ones- don't just start a new year with a new resolution, but rather, start each new day with a new revelation.
"His mercies are new every morning..." & "Those who hope in the Lord... will renew their strength... they will rise up on wings like eagles..."

Enjoy the picture and ponder upon why I put it there. I've got a much nicer and real-er version of it on the wall at the side of my table- with the verses on it. Constant reminder.

No comments: