Thursday, January 11, 2007

I'll be faithful with the 24 I have

I actually don't have anything specific to blog today. But this is part of my initiative for the new year to be a more disciplined (and consistent) person- so by hook or by crook I will complete all the tasks I have planned at the start of the day. Blogging and reading the bible (of course) being part of the daily must-dos. And I am quite satisfied with the "progress" so far, being able to accomplish and tick (in my diary) off the completed events. I know that works don't save, but I also remember what James wrote "show me your faith without works, and I will show you mine with works". Planning those small things (things as small as "ironing!" or "revise 15 pages") and writing them down not only builds faith, it keeps me more focussed. I mean, the 24 hours are utilized more efficiently (using economic term), and keeps me from wandering off or playing excess hours of Playstation2. Oh ya, I am learning fast on how to iron - call me pampered but I am blessed to have parents who do the ironning and washing for me when I was younger. Hehe, just a thought.

One other significant thing about exercising faith for my personal life today must be suggesting and trying to organize the prayer meeting. I guess is a bit out of place for me as a relatively new OCF member to ask for a prayer meeting but I just feel right doing so since it is the beginning of the year. And then there are some texting and calls (I haven't made the calls yet actually, gotto write it down!) and there is always this doubt that nobody's gonna go or it will have opposition... I know it is quite a petty thing, but I guess I've gotto blame it on the devil. However, the fact that prayer meeting is going to happen tomorrow even if there's 2 or 3 people means the devil's schemes will fail as God's people come together to rock the throne!

Finally regarding the 5th Anniversary of the Guantanamo Bay detainees- they deserve whatever punishment but give them a fair trial PLEASE.

Today's Prayer
Father, give me strength this day and everyday to persevere with the good things I'm doing and bring me a place of rest in Your arms. Amen

No comments: