Friday, January 19, 2007

Honoured.

Being in the midst of someone famous and/or someone with position gives me a special feeling. Gives me the feeling of being privileged. Since arriving in Tasmania, has been such a period where I have the honour to meet some of the politicians/ex-politicans which I would not dream of meeting if I were in Malaysia. For instance, my labour law lecturer was once the Attorney-General of Tasmania, and in one of our seminars he invited the minister of forestry and fisheries, Senator Eric Abetz to speak. Those were those very special moments I would feel a little fuzzy and truly honoured. Yesterday, I got to find out that my International Criminal Law lecturer was a fomer amicae curie (friend of court) for the trial of the President of former Yugoslovia Slobodan Milosevic. Indeed, it was a groundbreaking trial and to really get a person that was in the courtroom itself was indeed an eye-opener.

I guess along the way in life, I would be meeting more of these people and feeling elated for nothing. But the reason I am writing this is because I figured, these people are not that special indeed if compared to the most High God Himself. The thing is, I have the opportunity and privilege to go into His courts and into the throneroom anytime I like. Since through the sacrifice of His son Jesus, I have reconciliation with my Creator (the curtain is torn!). Since I have this privilege, I think I ought to spend more time with Him because this is the King of kings here! I guess sometimes I just take for granted, but if I don't treat prayer and being in God's presence a special and most wonderful thing, then I'm just living in a deceit and chasing after wind.

Prayer
Lord help me to chase after your presence- because in Your presence, there is fullness of joy...

2 comments:

Sim MY said...

Keep writing hun. :)

Ou Lik Ee said...

Hey.. how are you? Keep on writing.. God bless. =) Keep in touch always..