Friday, January 18, 2008

Tribute to 2001_Youth 7




This is my group of friends who quite simply brought me through my Secondary School days. What was originally a society where you join because "it's the rules" turned out to be a place where tears were shed, laughter were cracked and lives were shared. The reason why I pay tribute to our Group is because this is our 10th Anniversary knowing each other. Although we've left school for quite some time now (almost 5 years to be precise), we're still close and we do meet whenever we return to our beloved hometown Ipoh. We also go for trips together such as to Pangkor and Penang.
Background.
What a name for a group of BFFs. 2001_Youth7 if you ponder, really sounds like some url address or code more than a name for a group. And rightly so, it is our group name on Yahoo! Groups and I don't think we did "registered" or have an official name. 2001 is obviously the year. In fact it was our penultimate year at Malaysian Red Crescent Society Unit Youth 7 (hence the name)- that's the society where it all started. Our official activities include (but not limited to) marching, bandaging, first aid (obviously!), fundraising , camping and other crazy stuffs that a uniform club does. Unofficial activities: (dot)A lot, including "ponteng" (skipping) weekly meetings. These official and non-official activities were what built the relationship into what it is today.
Coincident or Destined?
I guess it doesn't take a bang that the universe was what it is. Neither are friendship or colliding of lives by chance. So I think we all do appreciate it a lot. I know I do and I am not afraid to admit I LOVE all of my heng dais (brothers). Thanks for the time together. As our Yahoo Group has it : Friendship Forever !
In the picture (Chinese New Year Gathering 2005):
Back Row: Wong Zan Yi, Leng Pang Huei, Leong Yuen Jee, Lim Tuck Choy, Tang Seng Hong, Tung How Run, Lee Mun Yew
Middle: Ang Kah Woh, Hor Sien Pin, Lee Chun Keat, Yap Chen Joon, Puah Chee Hung,
Front: Cheong Theng Meng, Cheong Mun Kin, Fong Wooi Joon, Wong Chun Wah
Absent with Apologies: David Leong, Ooi Goon Keat, Chan Kin Fei, Lim Kuan Yang, Foo Mun Hon, Yoong Loong Hey (They are outstation/overseas)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woo.. hor lou.. wonder why i'm here? aha~ i simply google my name jz now.. and wat a surprise.. my name appear in some blog.. tat's y i came.. really fortunate to have u guyz by myside walking down the road.. happy 10th anniversary!!