Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Happy Merdeka 0831

It is always a thrill to start a new semester. The lazy dazy vacation says goodbye, and it's college mates, classmates and lecturers time. For me, it is muchof a transition, especially the part where I will spend half of my day (or more sometimes) in college - meeting people, attending classes, meeting people. It is almost mundane. After some time, it becomes natural, dry. But at first, it's a disguised beast that will silently draw me out of focus with Him. Just too many people to see, not that seeing people is bad, but sometimes just thinking about the people I just meet or what I say to them takes up valuable time from spending time with God. Worst of all, it is the fact that when you meet friends, brothers and sisters, there is this evil tendency that my mind subsconciously thinks that companionship with God is no longer required.

I like hanging out with friends. Laughing, playing, chatting... who doesn't anyway? But sometimes, when I'm just sitting there amidst them, I tend to keep quiet,draw back- there is this sense of lossness, like I'm drowning in a host of conversations. And it got me thinking, is it really empty and meaningless, I mean all those laugheters and talking, just a way of the evil one to help us waste time instead of doing something for God? Don't get me wrong, it is completely Ok to have fellowship with friends, sometimes there is this line to be drawn, the line between knowing what we are talking or just empty 'crap'. Anyway, it's just a thought but come to think of it, sometimes when I'm hanging around with people, it keeps me 'addicted' and God would seem so far to me, though He's near. Well, better get back to my knees and work the relationship.

Much said, on another more solemn note, I send my condolences to uncle Richard's (my dad's cousin) family. To lose a loving father and husband is never easy thing, especially when he's young (early 50s) and sudden. All in all, he's a very nice man, and I'm sure he's in heaven rejoicing now...

No comments: