Monday, August 15, 2005

Love, for the day is near...

Many apologies for the long pause. I notice I hadn't been blogging for quite some time. Yet, much has happened since my last real blog (that excludes the poem). I guess I just couldn't put them all in words. To cut the story short, I got a job (helping my friend), lost the office keys (yes, again!) and went back to Ipoh for a visit with my cell group mates.

Clearly, the events in my life implies an interesting life that I have. But often, it is not the events that makes life, but the people in it. Regarding that, God has been bringing me through a lesson of dealing with people. I thank God everyday for the people around me. My gracious boss (John Ling) for one. My dear friend and brother Boon Yee another. However cliche I sound, I need to say this: christians are different. Yet, there are some other christians that makes me frustrated and sends me spinning in anger. "Personality" some might say. "Sin?" some might ask. But they made me angry and/ or disappointed all right? They make me wanna scream ok?

On another note, whether it be 'the still small voice' or whether you call it my 'conscience', my mind always made to react positive, not negatively, although sometimes I would act to the contrary. You know, the flesh is weak...

Whatever the reason why sometimes our own brothers and sisters upset us, and however we react, God is taking us through a journey of learning and experience- this is always what I hold on to. And this is really something I need to learn, to be gracious, to love, to forgive... something that I struggle. In all that I experienced, I sincerely hope, and honestly pray, that what I've gone through, I would not only learn from it, but also believe in it that loving is God's will , however 'hard' I think it is.

Father, thank you for Your manifold blessings, which is based upon Your great love. It is not that I love You, but You loved me first. Thank You for Your Son Jesus, who came to show me to love. I ask Lord for forgiveness over the many shortcomings and my disability to show love to my brothers and sisters. Cleanse me with the precious blood of the Lamb. Help me to hide Your Word in my heart to love. Help me react in a manner that is pleasing to Your eyes. Take me through this journey of faith as I keep my eyes fixed on You always, by Your grace. Amen

No comments: